Date: 28 Jun 2019 18:00 - 22:00
Location: Bramall Hall, SK7 3NX
The Tempest by William Shakespeare at Bramall Hall on Friday 28 June 2019
The magician Prospero is marooned on an island with his daughter Miranda. With the assistance of a powerful air spirit he keeps in servitude, he conjures up a storm to shipwreck his enemies on the shore of the island. Inexorably they are driven towards the centre of the island to answer to Prospero – until Prospero learns that in spite of everything Miranda has met and fallen in love with Ferdinand, the son of his enemy. Which is greater – his thirst for revenge or his aptitude for forgiveness?
- Date: Friday 28 June 2019
- Time: Doors 6.30pm starts 7.30pm
- Price: £13 earlybird | £15 general
- Booking: Click here
- Sat Nav postcode: SK7 3NX (off Hall Rd)
- Parking: The pay and display car park is FREE from 6pm, there will be stewards on site to direct you as appropriate. Please note that parking at the Hall is limited, so if you are able to access the site on foot or by alternative transport, we encourage you to do so.
- Please do not arrive before 6pm to set up your picnic on the croquet lawn.
- Please note that seating is unreserved and therefore allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Please bring proof of ticket purchase If for any reason you have not received your confirmation e-mail please contact Illyria for assistance quoting your name and order number. Their e-mail contact details are: [email protected]
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any low-levell accessories are welcome. Please note that no seating will be provided. Please note that portable barbecues are not allowed.
- In case of rain, please do not bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
- Bramall Hall will be open from 6pm. Your ticket includes a visit to view the Hall before the performance.
- Programmes will be on sale from 7pm.
- Performance starts at: 7.30pm, there will be a 20minute interval approximately halfway through the performance. Performance length: 2.20 min including the interval. We expect to finish about: 9.45pm
- No dogs allowed, apart from assistance dogs.
- Toilets are available within the Hall and in the Stables courtyard